Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Starbucks "Sick Tea" secret menu recipe remake

Tis the season for cold and flu season! I stumbled upon Starbucks secret menus "sick tea" during a conversation about cold remedies during a group discussion at my Crossfit gym. One of my friends at the gym was suffering from a nasty cough and said he was drinking Starbucks "sick tea" to feel better.

A few weeks I was feeling a bit run down so I decided to give it a try my self. Went through Starbucks drive through and ordered a grande "sick tea". When I got to the window to pay I asked what ingredients were used to make "sick tea". It sounded pretty simple. I ended up ordering a few more of this "sick teas" through out that week. It has now turned into my favorite tea combinations to drink even when I'm feeling well. I tend to drink this at night when I want to relax because it is caffeine free. 

I realized I was paying a lot of money for a drink I could easily make my self so I decided to search for Starbucks sick tea on Pinterest and came across the secret menu recipe. 

You can find the pin I used to replicate Starbucks "sick tea" on my Pinterest profile under my Crafting Crossfit Mom Blog pin board:

http://www.pinterest.com/craftingCFmom/

Here is my Starbucks secret menu "sick tea" recreation 


Honey
Lemonade
Water
1 large coffee mug ( it's about the size of a grande coffee or tea from Starbucks)


I found my coffee mug at target. I wanted a nice large mug to make my sick tea at home.
First I fill 2/3 of my mug up with fresh water. Then I add lemonade until the mug is full. (Left picture is the mug with fresh water/right picture shows the mug when the lemonade has been added)
Next I out the mug into the microwave for two minutes and thirty seconds. Once the water and lemonade is done heating. I add about 2 teaspoons of honey to the mug and stir it around (that's just a guess, I usually just squeeze a little honey into the mug, I've never actually measured it). Once the honey has dissolved into the hot water and lemonade mixture I add the calm and refresh tea bag into the water and lemonade mixture and let it sit for a few minutes and then it's ready to be enjoyed!!! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! Amazing starbuck secret menu "Sick Tea" recipe!! It is so simple that I can try it at home quite easily. You know it is my favorite tea to drink. I drink it whenever we are at starbuck restaurant. Now I will also try it at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, No problem happy to help! I need to do an updated post now that Starbucks has changed the brand of tea they use now. I plan to make a new post in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the new teas, the closest combination would probably be mint majesty (in place of refresh) and peach tranquility (in place of calm). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky,

      I have found there are several nice combinations. My favorite so far that gets close to the tazo combo has been the mint tea and the pineapple with steamed lemonade and two packets of honey for a grande

      Delete
    2. You can go to Teavana to get the actual teas that they use in the store. Jade Citrus Mint and Peach Tranquility. I also find that using all lemonade instead of half and half is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  4. I make it with apple juice instead of lemonade -that might help with the stinging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://starbucksgiftcardbalance.info

    ReplyDelete
  6. samsclubcredit/activate

    If you have recently received a Sams Credit Card, please read our post carefully.Here we will show you how you can activate your new Sams Club Credit Card and experience it for yourself.

    Through this post you will be able to get the required information of Same Credit Card Activation And you can activate your own Sams Club Credit Card online which will show you the real

    ReplyDelete